Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Ode to Tea....


I love tea....on any day, in any weather, mood or moment. What better comfort and stillness can you find than the time spent with your hands cupped around a hot mug,  steam rising up and hitting your face, tingling your skin and making you smile?

I love tea.

I love when you make tea for someone.  You notice that an opportunity has come to stop and sit, involving yourself in the other person's thoughts and feelings for a few minutes, listening and sipping - imitating each other as your cup your mugs and sigh....


I love when someone makes tea for you.  I love the care and attention given to the brewing of the pot or the single bag in your mug.  I love the mug they choose for you - your favourite mug, a big mug, a small and cheerful mug, a matching mug to theirs... an old mug.  I love how they ask which way you want it - black, "just a wee drop of milk," "just a dash" "pretty milky"...  I love how they ask with a twinkle in their eyes whether or not you want sugar and if so, "how many?"  Of course, one is the norm, two would be acceptable but ask for three or four and a chuckle will follow with a predictable comment about your health....

I love how tea looks.  It changes from pure clear steamy water to a warm brown as the tea diffuses and then when you add the milk, we have to make a joke of the risk that it might turn out like "dishwasher water"..

Ode to Tea... Amen...

So, as I was browsing through Etsy, I found these:










You know when you really just want your tea to last?- you're having a great conversation and as you sip, you're listening intently to what's being said and it all becomes one.. then the other person stops to sip and you watch as they begin to listen intently as you make your comments...and it makes you feel so good.... well how about these - these fantastic mug warmers - never mind how cute and cosey they are, how practical! You tea doesn't have to go cold and give you that one shocker sip that interrupts your thoughts and the flow of that deep intimacy as you choose whether to swallow that sip or subtly release it back into the cup...even the thought makes your cringe...


Anyhow -ode to tea and ode to woman with such creativity and sensitivity... I love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment